photo by Barthomo.simian
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces white craft glue
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons borax
- pour the glue into a large bowl, and add 1 cup water and stir until the glue and water blend --
- add a few drops of paint and stir some more until mixed well.set aside.
- in a small bowl, or measuring cup, stir together the warm water and borax powder until the powder dissolves.
- slowly pour the borax and water into the glue mixture, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- now comes the fun part, for the kids.
- knead the sticky Gloop, with your hands until smooth and stretchy --
- when you are done playing with it, store Gloop in an airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Bought a TON of super glue and let the kids have at it!! Turned out great!!! Just make sure that you store it out of sight, out of reach, and out of mind from an, ohhh say, mischevious 5 year old!! Washes out of fabrics after it has dried, but of course it stains. We learned that the hard way after the gloop was missing and an empty container appeared!
Hah! We played with this a while back. And, I gotta admit, it is so much fun, even for the teacher. It's kind of like silly putty, but not as stretchy. The part you really have to pay attention to is SLOWLY pour the boraw in- if you pour a little too much, it's ruined. But otherwise, you've got a great sticky little goop that will amuse kids!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking, and reading Christian fiction..I have 5 grandchildren..4 boys and 1 spoiled granddaughter...I also have a black cocker spaniel named Tobey..who is very spoiled..Love computer games, cross stitch and reading cookbooks..I was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia almost a year ago, on September 26, 2005....was in an out of the hospital for 8 months, doing intensive chemo...I am doing well now, thanks for all the prayers...