Glazed Lemon Pound Cake - Pillsbury 2006
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 25mins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with shortening.
- In large bowl, beat 1 cup butter and 2 cups sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, scraping bowl occasionally. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping bowl after each addition. Beat in lemon peel. On low speed, beat in flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and milk until smooth, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter evenly into pan.
- Bake 35 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool upright in pan 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a 1-quart non-aluminum saucepan, mix glaze ingredients. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter melts.
- Place serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. With long-tined fork or skewer, generously prick top and sides of cake. Brush warm glaze over cake, allowing glaze to soak into cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm always on the look out for new tried and true recipes and love to share the recipes that I enjoy making. Growing up as a child my mom taught me how to cook/bake and I later entered food competitions at our local fair. I hope to some day share my love of cooking with my children. I love to cook casseroles..I'm not a huge fan of meat but will toss it in casseroles for my meat and potato husband. :)