Girl Scout Thin Mint Pie
- Ready In:
- 32 thin mint cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups milk, cold
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages Jell-O chocolate fudge flavor pudding and pie filling
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 12 ounces Cool Whip Topping, thawed, divided use
- Remove 10 cookies and set aside.
- Crush or process remaining cookies, then mix them with the butter. Press firmly onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate.
- Pour milk into large bowl. Add both boxes of pudding mix and beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. (Mixture will be thick.).
- Spoon out 1 1/4 cup of pudding into another bowl and stir in peppermint extract. Pour peppermint pudding mixture over crust. To remaining pudding mix, add in 1 cup of whipped topping. Spread the pudding/whipped topping layer of the mint layer.
- Chop remaining cookies and combine them with about 2 ½ cups (doesn’t have to be precise) whipped topping. Spread this mixture over the top. The pie might look kind of messy at this point, so clean up the edges.
- Chill for 4 hours or until set.
- To garnish, place remaining whipped topping in a plastic zipper bag. Snip off a corner of the bag (about ½ inch up from corner) and squeeze whipped topping around sides decoratively.
- To make thin zig-zags, pour COLD chocolate syrup into a small zipper bag. Snip a very, very tiny cut off the bottom corner and drizzle away!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!