Gingersnap Mix in a Jar
This comes from Whole Foods. The ingredients for these cookies go into a jar and are presented along with the instructions for making the cookies.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- Spoon the brown sugar into a 1-quart jar and press down until you have an even layer.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl; spoon into the jar over the brown sugar.
- Sprinkle ginger, cinnamon and cloves over the top.
Seal the jar and attach a tag with the following instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Pour contents of the jar into a large bowl and stir in 3/4 cup melted unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks) and 1 large egg.
- Roll the dough into balls the size of large marbles and place an inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in the middle of the oven until firm and lightly browned on the edges, about 14 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to racks to cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation