GINGERBREAD APPLE CAKE
photo by shazzieau
- Ready In:
- 115 g butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 400 g pie apples
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 30 ml milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- preheat oven to 180 Celsius grease sides and line bottom of 24 cm springform tin.
- using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar.
- add vanilla, egg and applesauce.
- with mixer on low, beat in dry ingredients.
- spoon 3/4 mix into tin and place pie apple across the mix, not quite to the edges.
- place the rest of the mix in blobs over the apple.
- cook for approx 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- cool in tin for 10 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- glaze if desired.
- mix all together until smooth and spoon over cake.
- allow to harden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just a wife and mother who loves to cook. I still have kids living at home but the others are always here for meals too.I feel like I never get out of the kitchen. If only some one would clean up after me.