This is the gingerbread I use in my Recipe #124554.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2⁄3 cup unsulphured molasses
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5" loaf pan.
- In a bowl, measure the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy on medium speed. Beat in the egg and continue beating until combined.
- Combine the molasses and milk in a small bowl. Remove the butter mixture from the mixer. Alternate adding the flour and milk mixtures to the butter mixture. Fold the batter together with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for approximately 50 minutes or until done. Let cool in pan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was great!! My grandmother used to make gingerbread and this was exactly the same. I did make two small loaves and shared with my neighbor. The smell was fantastic. My oven cooked much faster than the recipe. I cooked the loaves seperately and baked the first for about 40 minutes and when I checked the tester came out clean. I baked the second loaf for 35 minutes and the tester came out clean as well. I would definitely moniter the cooking time for your oven. Otherwise, this was perfect and exactly the gingerbread taste and texture I was looking for.
Very, very tasty and aromatic. The house smelled so good while this was cooking. This recipe makes a large loaf that completely fills the pan. The only change I made was to add a teaspoon of ground cloves (for two). I doubled the recipe and used about 1 1/2 of the loaves in a Paula Deen recipe called "Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle" (it called for two store-bought gingerbread box mixes)and it was absolutely delicious. We have been eating the remainder of the loaf with our breakfast... very flavorful!