Ginger Shrimp With Oyster Mushrooms
photo by George I.
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces oyster mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 3 carrots, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- fresh cilantro leaves (for garnish)
- 2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco or Louisiana sauce)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- in a small bowl, mix the stock, sesame seeds, ginger root, soy sauce, hot pepper sauce, and cornstarch mix until well blended, set aside.
- in a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
- stir fry the carrots for 3 minutes, remove from wok and set aside.
- add 1 tablespoon of oil to wok, add mushrooms stir fry for 2 minutes, remove from wok and set aside.
- add more oil to wok if needed, add the shrimp, bell pepper, garlic, and stir fry until shrimp turns pink.
- stir the sauce mixture and pour over the shrimp in wok.
- cook until mixture bubbles, then add the carrots, and mushrooms.
- cover and cook for another 2 minutes.
- transfer to a platter and garnish with cilantro.
- serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook. ?Lately I have been baking a lot of bread, pizza dough and sweets. ?I have been a member for many years, and this site is where I come to for something new or old. ?I am hoping to soon add more recipes to my collection.