Ginger Scented Rice
Great fragrant rice; especially nice with Asian food. Recipe from April 2009 Bon Appetit.
- Ready In:
- 1 gingerroot (3-inch x 1-inch piece peeled, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup rice, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Using garlic press, squeeze fresh ginger into a small bowl; you'll need 1 1/2 tablespoons juice with pulp.
- Place in small saucepan with cover.
- To pan add 1 1/2 cups water, rice, butter, and salt.
- Cover; bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat; let rice sit 10 minutes.
- Uncover; fluff rice with fork.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 7 more