Ginger Pork With Broccoli and Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 1 teaspoon canola oil or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 8 ounces skinless chicken breasts or 8 ounces lean flank steak, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 2 cups broccoli, steamed
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in skillet or wok.
- Add the pork and cook quickly until lightly browned but not fully cooked.
- Remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
- Add half the broth to the wok followed by the onion, shallots, and ginger and simmer for a few minutes, until softened.
- Add the remaining broth and the soy sauce, molasses, and seasoning.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and return the meat to the wok.
- Simmer for a couple of minutes longer, until the meat is just cooked through.
- Serve over rice and broccoli.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!