Ginger Pineapple Jello Mold
photo by Annacia
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 20mins
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a measuring cup.
- Stir boiling water into gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Add ginger ale to the reserved pineapple juice making about 1 to 1 1/4 cup of liquid. Stir the ground ginger into this liquid.
- Stir the reserved pineapple juice, ginger ale & ginger into the jello.
- Refrigerate about 1 1/4 hours or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
- Stir in pineapple (& blueberries if doing summer variation!). Pour into a 5-cup mold.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Unmold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a very good jello salad. The bit of added ginger is just noticeable and supplied that something different, I used sugar free Jello and ginger ale for a diabetic friendly dish. This is so good in the summer heat (105 F today) that you could almost make it the whole meal. Thanks MA for this one.I have to add that while mine set to my satisfaction it was a soft set that would not have held a moulded shape.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been a member of recipezaar and food.com for years. This is definitely my go-to place for recipes and love that I can have all my individual cookbooks to sort and store recipes. ? I like to experiment when I cook and find that I rarely follow a recipe as it is written. I am also pretty health conscious and try to cook low-fat for regular everyday meals (you can't skimp on the rich stuff for holiday meals & treats!). I also avoid processed foods and use fresh wholesome ingredients whenever possible.