photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 2 small pears, peeled, cored, and sliced (12 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- low-fat vanilla yogurt (optional)
- crystallized ginger, Coarsely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine pears, cranberries, orange juice or water, the 2 teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger, the cinnamon, and vanilla. Divide mixture between two 8- to 10-ounce individual baking dishes.
- In another small bowl, stir together oats, brown sugar, and flour. Stir in melted butter. Sprinkle oat mixture and almonds over pear mixture in baking dishes.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until pears are tender and almonds are golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, top with yogurt and additional crystallized ginger.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Every once in awhile, I make someone's recipe that really deserves more than 5 stars, and this is one of those! What a treat! I made one change (because I forgot to check my pantry first). What I thought was a bag of dried cranberries was actually dried tart cherries, so I used them instead and it worked great. This will become a regular fall menu item around here! Thanks, Rita, for posting a dessert that I can eat without guilt!