Ginger Pancakes With Maple-Pecan Syrup
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 cup water (or club soda)
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the syrup, mix all ingredients in a saucepan; heat to boiling.
- Keep warm over low heat.
- For the pancakes; mix the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl mix the eggs, water, buttermilk, melted butter and brown sugar; add to the dry ingredients; mix well to combine.
- Grease a griddle with butter.
- Drop about 1/3 cup pancake batter onto the griddle; cook the pancakes turing once until done.
- Serve with warm syrup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
You did it again Kit; great recipe - made this for visiting family and they really thought I'd done something special. Love the blend of flavors - I also added some bits of fresh ginger and followed your recommendation and used a whole cup of club soda, couldn't ask for a better pancake - soft, fluffy and perfect. Thanks for posting.