Ginger-Lemon Beef and Broccoli
- Ready In:
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce, reduced-sodium
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 lb boneless beef grilling steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, cut in half and sliced
- 6 cups broccoli, pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, grated (or 1 tsp. ground)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- In a bowl, whisk a little of the milk into cornstarch to make a smooth paste. Whisk in remaining milk, lemon zest, soy sauce, honey and hot pepper flakes; set aside.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add beef and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until browned; transfer to a bowl. Add remaining butter to pan, then onion and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add broccoli and ginger and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Return beef and accumulated juices to pan.
- Whisk milk mixture and pour into pan. Cook, stirring and scraping up brown bits, for about 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in lemon juice.
- COOKING TIP: Grate the lemon zest and the ginger on the fine-side of a box cheese grater. Grating the ginger gets the most from the flavor in the short cooking time of a stir-fry.
- Cut the prep time by buying precut beef stir-fry strips and pre-cut broccoli.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.