Ginger Ice Cream
Although I haven't made this I am meaning to make it soon to go with a Chinese meal. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (May 1982)
- Ready In:
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 slices peeled fresh ginger (1/4-inch)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped preserved ginger in syrup, drained
- Combine milk, cream and ginger slices in saucepan over low heat.
- When bubbles start to appear, stir constantly for 5 minutes.
- DO NOT ALLOW MIXTURE TO BOIL.
- Remove from heat and discard ginger slices.
- Add sugar to mixture and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in chopped ginger.
- Refrigerate until mixture is very cold.
- Transfer mixture to ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's directions.
- Freeze in freezer or serve immediately.
- If freezing let ice cream soften in refrigerator for 20 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 4 more