Ginger-Glazed Almonds With Dried Fruit
Need a healthy snack to nibble on? These almonds are packed with flavor and are good for you, too! I found this recipe in this months Better Homes and Gardens magazine and just had to share. ENJOY!
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peeled and finely grated fresh ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds or 1 cup natural california almonds
- cooking spray
- 1 1 cup dried pears or 1 cup other dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Stir in sugar, water, fresh ginger, salt, and ground ginger.
- Cook until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in almonds and remove from heat.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Spread almonds onto foil, and bake 25 to 35 minutes, stirring once, until almonds are golden (cut one open to test).
- Transfer almonds on foil to a rack and cool completely.
- Loosen with a spatula and combine with dried fruit.
- Store mixture airtight for up to 3 days.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made for Fall '07 PAC. The almonds in this smelled awesome when these were baking. I could hardly wait for these to be done. Once they cooleed and I added the raisins, I finally got to taste this snack. All I can say is that I will be making these over and over. Thanks StrikingEyes for this great snack.Reply