- Ready In:
- 24hrs 15mins
- 4 lemons
- 1 orange
- 3⁄4 cup roughly chopped fresh ginger
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice
- 4 cups sparkling water, chilled
- Grate 2 tablespoons each of lemon and orange zest.
- Squeeze 1/3 cup lemon juice from 3 of the lemons. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the ginger, honey, and sugar until just combined. Add the orange and lemon juices and process.
- Transfer to a large lidded container. Add the orange and lemon zests and 2 cups of boiling water and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours and up to 5 days.
- To serve, strain the ginger-beer base into a pitcher. Thinly slice the remaining lemon and orange to form circles. Add the slices and mineral water to the pitcher and stir. Serve over ice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation