Giardiniera My Way
photo by katie in the UP
- Ready In:
4 1/2 cups
- 1 large zucchini, small diced
- 2 poblano chiles, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 banana peppers, diced
- 1 small cauliflower, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 5 -8 serrano chilies, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili pods
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- Place all chopped veggies into large glass bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt, stir well.
- Refrigerate for approximately 12 hours.
- Drain and rinse.
- Whisk remaining ingredients and add to veggies.
- Cover and leave at room temperature for 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- After 24 hours, I refrigerate in mason jars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!