Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
photo by Nicole H.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 14-inch, light colored, round pizza pan with parchment paper and grease the parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add the eggs, beating well after the addition of each.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix with a whisk. Add to the butter mixture, mixing to incorporate, and add the vanilla extract. Fold in the dark and white chips and the nuts. Spread across the bottom of the prepared pan and bake until the edges are golden and the cookie is set but the center is still slightly soft, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was pretty good. The first time it cooked over and made a giant mess. The second time I looked up some tips. You can use any regular cookie dough recipe to make cookie cake, but this one tasted great even when I messed up cooking it. For a cookie cake you preferably have a pan with sides, or put tin foil or a cookie sheet under it to catch messes. I thought about making a tin foil ridge underneath but forgot to try it. Make a slight indentation in the middle, like making a burger, so it is easier to cook through in the middle. Leave an inch or two of space around the outside of the dough to allow for spreading. Check it early and often. My cousin recommended trying smaller ones in pie pans.
I haven't made this recipe yet but will be later today. I bought a bake it better pizza/cake pan from wart for 10$. Its big and round with ridges!!! I never follow recipes exactly. I always like to change it up and make it my own!! So...their will be alterations made to it. Will let you know how it turns out. cant wait to try it!!!