Giant Cauliflower Cheese Puff
photo by Jubes
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 9 by 13 inch pan with nonstick spray, then add the butter.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven for a minute or so to melt the butter, then take it out and carefully tilt it in all directions to let the butter coat the bottom.
- Set aside.
- Place a 10 inch skillet over medium heat and wait a few minutes.
- Add the olive oil, wait about 10 seconds, then swirl to coat the pan.
- Add the onions, saute` for 5 minutes, then stir in the salt and the cauliflower.
- Saute` over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is just tender.
- Transfer this mixture to the prepared pan.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, combine the eggs, milk, flour, and cheese in a blender.
- Whip into a smooth batter and pour it over the cauliflower mixture in the pan.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
- Serve hot or warm, cut into squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
*Reviewed during ZWT5 France visit for the Zaar Chow Hounds Team* THanks WiGal- this recipe made a wonderful lunch today. I used a gluten-free flour blend...but otherwise stuck to the recipe. The onions caramelised while the cauliflower was cooking- it smelt so good..I could have just eaten a whole bowl full! This made a wonderful slice for lunch. Merci!! Photo also being posted....though it really doesn't do this slice justice