German Tomato Soup
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄8 cups water, as needed
- 6 white potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small cabbage, cored and sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Heat a large Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Crumble in the ground beef. Cook, stirring frequently, until evenly browned.
- Drain excess grease.
- Stir in the cabbage, potatoes, carrots, onion, tomato soup, milk and water.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, and cook for 1 1/2 hours before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!