German Style Stuffed Pork
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 12 ounces light beer
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the tenderloin 2/3 of the way through the meat.
- Place tenderloin between two sheets of waxed paper and flatten to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Combine tenderloin, beer, cider vinegar and raisins in a baking dish.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs (from pumpernickel), orange peel and garlic; cover and let stand 4 hours.
- Remove tenderloin from marinade, reserving raisins.
- Discard marinade.
- Add raisins to bread crumb mixture.
- In another small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, pepper and cinnamon; rub over both sides of tenderloin.
- Spread bread crumb mixture over tenderloin to within 1/2 inch from edges.
- Roll up tenderloin, jelly roll fashion, starting at narrow end.
- Tie securely with heavy string at 2 inch intervals.
- Plae on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Bake at 400 for 55 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello! I am in Nebraska with three of my four children and a husband of 20 yrs.(the fourth child is in the Army stationed at Fort Bragg) I get to be a stay home mom and LOVE it.(which gives me time to look for new recipes...LOL) We like to camp, play sports,watching movies and lots more. I have a fairly large collection of recipe books, but then you can't ever have enough...right? I came across this site(recipezaar) and instantly fell in love with it. I am sooooo glad I found it.<img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg alt= /> <img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/CameraLesschef-STICKER.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/Copyoftag300-banner.jpg border=0 alt=Susie's Banner for Newest Zaar Tag /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/NZT-2-AnnaciasZaarTagbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Annacia's banner for Zaar Tag /></p>