German Quark Cake
photo by RotiJala
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Beat together the first seven ingredients till well blended.
- Mix baking powder with flour and sift. Fold into the quark mixture.
- Butter and flour a loaf pan. Pour batter into it.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until top is lightly browned. Remove from heat - it will flop down again when cool; that's normal.
- (Variations: Add small slices of apple, maraschino cherries cut in halves or raisins or cranberries pre-soaked in rum.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!