German Noodle Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 lb pasta noodles, cooked as directed and cooled (fusilli)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (or more)
- 2 -3 green onions, finely chopped
- 5 -6 gherkins, finely chopped (reserve pickling vinegar)
- 2 -3 eggs, hard boiled, cooled and chopped into tiny pieces (slice some for decoration if you like)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Mix all other ingredients (except for optional egg garnish) in a salad bowl. If you prefer, add some vinegar from the gherkins to taste. You can also add more mayo.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours. Garnish with optional egg slices.
Join The Conversation
I was extremely pleased with the amount of flavor that this simple salad delivers. I didn't feel like making a full magilla big dinner last evening so I pulled this out of my tag list (yay) and made it up. It was chilled for about 3 hrs and served with some imitation crab for a welcome lighter meal. I used broken linguine for the pasta and garlic dills. :D
This is an easy and delicious pasta salad. I chose this recipe to make as it reminded me of one my German mother in law makes when I go to visit. I made sure to add plenty of juice from the gherkins and also made it more of a main dish salad by adding some cubed ham and cheese. This is a nice salad to enjoy sitting on the patio with a chilled glass of white wine. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT 7, Shady Ladies!