German Marble Cake
Sounds delicious! By Ralf Biertümpfel, auto translated from www.biertuempfel.de, for ZWT4.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 cup butter (Magarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (originally, 1 teel.)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 200 g chocolate (about 1 cup)
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs until frothy, and gently add to butter and sugar.
- Add in flour, baking powder and lemon juice.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into a greased and floured cake pan (I'm assuming a 9 inch spring form or 13x9 pan would work.)
- Melt the chocolate, and mix into the remaining batter. (You may need a tablespoon of cream to thin the chocolate as you melt it.) Pour over the batter in the pan, and make a marbled pattern using a fork.
- Bake for 60 minutes at 350°F.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I'm sorry that this just did not turn out like I expected. It is an overly dense and dry cake. The batter was so thick there was no way to spread it - I literally had to press it into the springform pan. I baked it only 40 minutes as it was already golden brown at that point and I'm glad I did because an hour would definitely be way too long for this cake. I just feel it needs more moisture. Maybe this is supposed to be more of a scone recipe?? Made for ZWT6 German Region (Chocolate Challenge)Reply