German Chocolate Mousse - Cooking Light
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I've had this saved for ages and wanted to catalogue it in my recipe list. Allow for 2.5 hours for chill/setting time.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 5mins
- 1 1⁄3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 4 cups frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; let stand 2 minutes. Cook over medium-high heat to 180° or until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil). Remove from heat, and add chocolate; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Stir until chocolate melts.
- 2. Pour chocolate mixture into a medium bowl; cover and chill 30 minutes or until set. Gently fold in whipped topping. Spoon about 2/3 cup mousse into each of 8 dessert bowls. Cover at least 2 hours or until set. Top each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut and 1 1/2 teaspoons pecans.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION