German Chocolate Microwave Cupcake
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces angel food cake mix (one 16 oz box)
- 30 1⁄2 ounces German chocolate cake mix, of choice (two 15.25 oz boxes)
- 24 ounces butterscotch chips (two 12 oz bags)
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Put the 3 boxes of dry mix cake mixes and the 1 cup cocoa in a very large bowl. Mix dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Finely chop pecans. Then add 24 ounces butterscotch chips, 2 cups shredded dry coconut, 1 cup pecans finely chopped and blend in with the dry mix.
- Place dry mix into airtight storage containers (1-quart wide mouth mason jars work well and can be used to give as gifts too).
- How To Use: Place 1/3 cup dry mix in a 12 oz microwave safe cup and add 3 tbsp water. Stir mix and water completely. Consistency should be that of soft pudding or cake mix. Do not over stir. You will start to notice foaming action from baking soda and citric acid. Cook in microwave on high for 50 to 60 seconds. 5 to 10 seconds less time for more molten effect. Let rest for 3 mins after cooking to cool as it will be hot.
- Mix and water can be scaled down to as little as 1 tbsp mix and 1 tsp water or up to 1/2 cup and 4 tbsp water. Small paper cups like dixie cups can be used to make bite sized portions. Topping like a tablespoon of ice cream or frosting can be added too.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!