General Tso's Chicken-Weight Watchers
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup canned chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 medium green onions, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, in small pieces
- red pepper flakes or 1 dried chili, minced
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups cooked white rice, kept hot
- In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger; set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions, garlic and red pepper flakes; cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Add chicken; sauté until browned all over, about 5 minutes.
- Add reserved sauce to pan and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice. Yields about 1 cup chicken with sauce and 1/2 cup rice per serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!