General Pao's Chicken
photo by 2Bleu
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- Place chicken breats between two sheets of plastic wrap, use flt side of meat mallet to pound them into 1/3 inch thickness cut the breasts into strips. transfer to medium bowl and toss with cornstrach to coat. let stand for 5 minutes.
- whisk the remaining ingriendeints (but the veggies).
- Heat wok or skillet and add 1 teaspoon saesme oil.
- add pepper and onions and stir fry remove and set aside. add 1 teaspoon seasme oil and chicken cook till no longer pink inside, then add veggies and sauce and heat throu.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I am still young (25) Life experince has aged me alot. I learned to cook at both of my grandmother's knees (One southern American, one southern Irish) when I was about five. By ten I started collecting cookbooks and experinmenting on my own. As a latch key kid I cooked for my four younger brothers and sisters. My mom ran a small deli before she died when I was 17 so alot of my recies debuted there. Now I run my own catering Buisness. I am married to a wnderful man for five years now. I am a six year old daughter, sons who are four and three. We are also raising my 14 year old sister and nine Year old stepsister and have a 16 year old foster daughter, all of which love cooking with me. I am writing a cookbook with the hopes that when I pass I can leave my recipes for them My cookbook collection has now reached over 1200. Thank you for trying and reviewing my recipes.. <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">