Gazpacho Adapted from Barefoot Contessa
A wonderful fresh gazpacho. It gets better day by day; after a week (in the frig!) it is simply outstanding. I have made this using the food processor but then add some hand-diced tomatoes for additional texture. A great summer meal.
- Ready In:
- 1 English cucumber, halved but not peeled
- 1 red pepper, cored and seeded
- 1 green pepper, cored and seeded
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves (or more)
- 5 -6 cups tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Roughly chop the cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes and red onion into 1-inch cubes. Put each vegetable, separately, into a food processor fitted with the steel chopping blade. Pulse each until coarsely chopped. Do no overprocess!
- After each vegetable is cut, combine them in a large bowl (preferably that has a cover). Add garlic and mix well. Whisk together the olive oil and vinegar; add salt and pepper. Combine with tomato juice then pour the combination over the vegetables. Mix well.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this early the morning, and had it sit all day. I could hardly wait, as anticipation grew to devour this gazpacho that came directly from the garden to the table, and right into our hungry stomachs. I followed this exactly, except I used Spicy *V8* instead of tomato juice. This was so tasty and good, I can only hope to make it again tomorrow! Perfect.... :) Made for *Please Review My Recipe* August 2009Reply