Garlicky Beef Daube
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
How to Cook Everything; Mark Bittman.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 8 garlic cloves, divided
- 2 -3 lbs beef chuck, trimmed of surface fat and cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leave
- 1 bay leaf
- minced fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
- Peel and mince 6 cloves garlic; combine them in a bowl or non-reactive saucepan with the next 9 ingredients; stir, cover, and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for 1-24 hours.
- Place the meat mixture in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil; decrease heat, and cover.
- Simmer gently until the meat is tender, 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- Uncover and boil the liquid to reduce it slightly if necessary.
- Peel and mince the remaining garlic; add it to the daube, and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve over rice, noodles, or with crusty bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION