Garlic White Pepper Prawns
Quick and easy way to prepare a prawn dish, Asian style. From "Delicious Asian Seafood".
- Ready In:
- 1 kg medium prawns
- 50 g garlic, minced (1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Trim prawn whiskers and devein by making a slit along the center of back (leaving shell intact).
- Mix garlic, pepper, salt together.
- Season prawn with the mixture, taking care to place some of the mixture inside the slits.
- Set aside for 30 minutes or more.
- Heat oil in wok or skillet and quickly saute prawns until they turn pink.
- Do not overcook.
- Serve with plain rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Contrary to the recipe, I did remove the shells before cooking. I buzzed up the garlic and added the rest of the ingredients, put everything in a plastic bag and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours then cooked them on the sideburner of the BBQ outside. Worked like a charm. I also cut the recipe to one half and that was plenty for two of us.
Mmmm these prawns are delicious and sooo easy to do!!The taste was out of this world good! Sorry about the photo, they stole them before I could snap a picture and this is all that was left by the time I realised.Thanks for one we will use often!! — Mar 20, 2005 had to update this review, guess I forgot to put very deserving 5 stars on it, sorry!!!!