Garlic Tomato Polenta Cakes
photo by Greeny4444
- Ready In:
- Sprinkle the tomato slices with salt and place between a layer of paper towels to extract excess moisture.
- In a saucepan, sauté the garlic in the butter, until soft.
- Add water, bring to a boil and slowly pour in dry polenta, a dash of salt, and cook, stirring often with a wooden spoon.
- After about 15 minutes, when it’s nice and thick, pour the polenta onto a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Spread evenly, arrange tomatoes on top, brush lightly with olive oil and season with cracked black pepper.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes to intensify the tomato flavor.
- Remove to cool until lukewarm.
- Cut out round discs (using the top of a glass) or squares (with a knife), just larger than the food you are topping the polenta with.
- Can be served warm or cold (I prefer warm).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an active lady, and I am not the top chef in the world, but I can hold my own. I love making things that remind me of when I was little, I love trying out new recipes, and I love learning new things to cook. Most of the recipes I post are recipes I loved that I found online, but that I have tweaked just a bit. I do have some family recipes on here too. I love to bake, probably more than anything else in the kitchen. I love to bike ride. I like to read, travel, kayak (I've only been twice, but I loved it), hike, camp, basically any outdoorsy/active stuff.?