You can use either bay scallops or sea scallops for this recipe. They are served in a rich and creamy garlic sauce. Serve over rice pilaf. This recipe comes from Western Fisheries in Western Australia.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped into small dice
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb scallops (bay scallops or sea scallops)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced for garnish
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium high heat, and cook the onions and garlic just to soften (don't let color), for about 2 minutes; add the scallops and lightly cook on one side for about 20 seconds, turn, let cook another 20 seconds, then remove and set aside.
- Add wine to skillet and let reduce 1 minute; stir in half and half and let that reduce so that it is a nice sauce consistency.
- Return scallops and add green onions, stirring until heated through.
- Serve scallops over rice pilaf, if desired, pouring sauce over all; garnish with chives or parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION