Garlic Roasted Pork (Torresmos)
photo by Chef Gorete
- Ready In:
- 25hrs 30mins
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 back rib racks, cut into individual pieces (optional)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, plus
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice, plus
- 1 orange, zest of
- 2 teaspoons pimento paste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon piri piri hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons lard
- 8 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 8 pieces each
- Prepare the pork and the ribs (if using) and place in a container.with a lid.
- Combine all of the remaining ingredients, except for the lard, and pour over the pork. Coat all of the meat then cover with a lid and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning the several times. .
- Bring the meat to room temperate 30 minutes before cooking. Drain the meat discarding the marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Melt the lard in the roasting pan then add all of the meat, potatoes and peppers, tossing to coat with the lard. Cook with the lid on until the meat and potatoes are tender, turning several times. Cooking time varies depending on the thickness of the meat and the oven. Adjust the time as needed.
- Taste for salt and pepper and adjust the seasonings accordingly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in the Azores in Portugal, but have lived in Canada for the majority of my life. Baking is my passion, so I'm always looking for some easy and great tasting recipes....this site is perfect for it.