Garlic Roasted Chicken in the Crock Pot
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From a good friend of mine, the queen of the crock! :-) I've made this with just the breasts with good luck as well!
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 8mins
- 1 (5 lb) roasting chickens
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- 5 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1⁄4 lb sweet butter
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- Sprinkle the chicken, inside and out, with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Spread half of the garlic in the cavity and spread the rest on the outside of the bird.
- Place the bird in the crock pot and place a few pats of butter on its breast.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve the hot garlic butter sauce with the chicken.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wow! Oh! Wow! The aroma alone is worth 5 STARS---not to mention the flavor and moistness-ity! :rofl: The only change I made was to use a whole head of garlic (10 cloves); and I used 10 pieces of chicken (drums and thighs). Served with brown & wild rice mixture (with mushrooms). Oh, baby! YMMM-good!Reply
I made this today. I used Paula Deen's House seasoning and paprika. I also made some foil balls to place on the bottom of the crock pot so that it would not be so wet. It turned out so well. After being out all day it was great to walk into such a wonderful smelling house. DH loved it he has already said he gets the leftovers. Thanks for sharing this recipe. LisaReply
see 4 more