Garlic Roast Beef Sandwiches
This is from a Taste of Home recipe magazine. Originally submitted by Bridget Evans of Forreston, IL. This is a super simple and tasty recipe for a busy weeknight. The recipe calls for a loaf of garlic bread but I used the presliced texas toast type frozen garlic bread and it worked out perfectly. I also used chipotle cheddar sliced cheese which was tasty too. Loved this recipe so much I had to post it.
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) frozen garlic bread (loaf)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb deli roast beef, shaved
- 6 slices colby cheese
- Bake garlic gread according to package directions.
- Meanwhile; in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion, and garlic in butter until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce.
- Layer each half of garlic bread with roast beef, mushroom mixture and cheese.
- Return to oven.
- Bake 1 or 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This made for a super easy and super tasty supper. I used a garlic bread loaf but found I did not need the whole pound of roast beef (I probably used about 3/4 of it). I had to use Colby Jack, since that's all I could find. The onion and mushroom mixture was great and really added a special touch. I will definitely be making this again. Made for PRMR Recipe Tag Game.Reply