Garlic Pasta Salad
Don't let the simplicity of this recipe fool you. The taste is fantastic. I first tried it as a sample at the H.E.B. grocery store in my neighborhood. Of course they were promoting purchase of a bottle of Garlic Essence Vinaigrette. I've found you can use any basic garlic vinaigrette, bottled or home made, and have a similar result.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb pasta (penne pasta works well)
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced julienne
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced julienne
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, sliced matchstick
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup garlic vinaigrette dressing (bottled or home made recipe)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions on package, drain and cool by running cool water over it. Let drain thoroughly.
- Combine pasta with peppers, carrots and parsley.
- Add vinaigrette and mix well.
- Add feta cheese, mix lightly, lifting the pasta and cheese mixture until the cheese is distributed throughout.
- Chill for an hour before serving.