Garlic Horseradish Sirloin Roast
Did this for dinner today, very delicious with apricot glazed carrots and garlic mashed potatoes, Mmm so good! from Canadian Living magazine.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 3 lbs top sirloin roast
- 4 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 onions, thickly sliced
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- With a sharp knife tip, cut about 40 slits all over roast.
- Stuff each slit with a garlic sliver.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, horseradish, sage, salt and pepper, brush all over roast.
- Place onions in centre of roasting pan, place roast on top of onions.
- Roast in 325°F oven until thermometer registers 160°F for medium, about 2 hours.
- Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil, let stand for 10 minutes before carving.
- Skim fat from pan juices.
- Pour in beef stock and Worcestershire sauce, bring to boil, stirring scraping up brown bits.
- Whisk cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water, whisk into pan and cook, whisking until thickened and glossy, about 2 minutes.
- Strain and serve with beef.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation