Garlic Grilled Steaks
photo by FrenchBunny
- Ready In:
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 (10 ounce) New York strip steaks (1 1/2 inches thick and 8 inches each) or (10 ounce) boneless rib eye steaks (1 1/2 inches thick and 8 inches each)
- With a mortar and pestle, combine the garlic, salt, and pepper. Add the oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and mix to form a paste.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°F, medium 160°F, well-done 170°F).
- Brush with garlic mixture during the last few minutes of grilling. Let stand for 3-5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a great steak recipe! We really enjoyed this. I will definitely be using this recipe alot in the future. I didn't mash my garlic into a paste but instead minced it, mixed everything together and brushed it onto both sides of my steaks. I let my steaks marinate on the counter for about an hour and then broiled them in the oven. OMG they were delicious. Thanks Scarlett! Made for ZWT5 for the Kitchen Witches.
I cut this recipe in half being there was only 2 of us. The taste of the mixture was really good. I should of put more garlic or perhaps I would mince the garlic before I put it in the mortar, it didn't really form a paste per say because of the garlic being too large. But the flavor was really good and so quick to make. I too put it on both sides of the steaks. I used rib eye bone in, it is one of my favorite cuts for my DD I got a fillet Mignon. Both were enjoyed. Thanks for the recipe. Made for ZWT5
ooh this was a GOOOOOD steak! me and my boyfriend gobbled down our huuuuge ribeye steaks! only thing i would suggest is maybe more cook time??? it could have been the size and thickness but i cooked them at least 8 minutes on each side and the outside looked done but when we cut into the steaks they were more rare than what we usually eat. But the paste was delish! and the steaks came out soooo good! thanks for a great recipe i'll be making again in the summer!
see 1 more reviews