Garlic Flat Bread
This bread-machine recipe has a great taste and impressive presentation. It is perfect for a dinner party or pot-luck.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup water (70-80 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tbslp. of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto floured surface.
- Roll into 12-inch circle.
- Transfer to a 14-inch pizza pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- In a small skillet, cook garlic in butter over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- With the end of a wooden spoon handle, make indentations in dough at 1-inch intervals.
- Top with garlic butter and sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack.
- Cut into wedges or squares and serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation