Garlic Crouton Cups With Pesto Caesar and Parmesan Crisps
photo by Dole9027
- Ready In:
- 12 slices firm white bread, crusts removed
- olive oil or olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- fresh ground black pepper
- DOLE Hearts of Romaine, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
Pesto Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 6 teaspoons shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Brush or spray each slice of bread lightly with olive oil. Combine garlic salt and dried basil. Sprinkle mixture over both sides of the bread. Season each with pepper.
- Flatten bread slightly with rolling pin. Gently press each slice into a muffin cup, allowing edges to hang over cup.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven; cool.
- For the Pesto Caesar Salad Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients until blended. Toss with DOLE Hearts of Romaine. Makes about 3/4 cup.
- Toss lettuce with dressing; spoon into Garlic Crouton Cups.
- For the Parmesan Crisps: Heat oven to 350 degrees F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mound Parmesan in 1/2 teaspoonfuls on the prepared sheet. Bake 5-6 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Let cool 1 minute.
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts and a Parmesan Crisp. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With our handy Dole Salad Guide, putting together the perfect salad is at your fingertips and ready to explore. We can help you find the right textures and pairings for the exact salad you’re after. Plus, we have some great recipe ideas that use what you already have on hand – make the most of your pantry and let nothing go to waste! Don’t be shy – your perfect salad is waiting!