Garlic Butter Rice - Baked
- Ready In:
- Place rice in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold running water until water runs clear- about 1 1/2 minutes.Shake rice vigorously to remove excess water.This step removes the starch from the rice so it will not stick. It is very important that you do not skip this step.
- Heat margarine in a larger dutch oven with a tight fitting lid. Drop a few rice grains in and if they sizzle then it is ready. Add rice and fry stirring until rice is light golden and translucent, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add water and chicken bullion. Increase heat to medium high, and bring to a boil.
- Cover pan and transfer pan to oven to bake. Bake for 15 minutes, then stir. Bake for another 10 minutes, then add minced garlic and stir. Bake another 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Add additional margarine, if it is not buttery enough.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif alt=/ /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p>