Garlic Butter for Garlic Bread, Escargot or Shrimp
The garlic butter blend can be used for scampi or escargot by simply broiling shrimp or the snails in it! Copied from a community cookbook.
- Ready In:
For the garlic butter blend
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 -5 large garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon basil (optional)
For garlic butter bread
- 1 loaf French bread or 1 loaf Italian bread
- olive oil, to coat bread
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat and remove from heat.
- Crush garlic in press and add it to melted butter. Cook over medium heat, watching carefully not to let garlic burn, about 3-5 minutes, in a slow simmer. Stir in dried spices. Remove from heat.
- Add salt to taste.
- *If using as a sauce, use to coat and cook in broiler.
- If making bread, use immediately on bread cut on the diagonal into slices or on a bread cut in half lengthwise. Add some olive oil and wrap in foil. Bake at 350 degrees F. about 20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We really enjoyed this garlic butter which enabled me to use fresh garlic, basil and oregano from the garden and gave it a wonderful flavour, I omited the garlic powder though and I did use 8 cloves of garlic because we just love it and at the moment being so fresh is lovely and sweet. I didn't have a baguette so just used some wholemeal/wholegrain rolls to make the garlic bread which unfortunately don't work as well as a baquette but still tasted very good. Thank you Oolala, made for Bargain Basement tag game.Reply