Garlic-Butter Bread for Soups or Barbecues
- Ready In:
- 1 Italian bread, long and fat
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (strong-smelling, or use more than stated)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- seasoning salt (to taste) (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 deg F/160 deg Celsius.
- Slice the bread neatly into generous slices, but DO NOT SLICE THROUGH.
- Mix well together in a bowl: the butter, olive oil (use a fruity one), finely chopped and crushed garlic, and parsley.
- Add a good pinch seasoned salt, if you want to. It's not necessary and can be left out.
- Without breaking the bottom crust, spread the butter mixture on the slices.
- (Depending on size of bread you might have to use more butter-olive oil-garlic-parsley).
- Push the bread together into its original shape, and wrap it securely in foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, but long enough for the garlic butter to melt and penetrate.
- Open the foil, turn off the oven, and let the top of the bread crisp a little.
- Serve with grilled meats or with a hearty chowder-type soup. Can also be served with a salad for lunch.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made for Spring PAC 2014 and what a winner. I used store bought french bread, and I did add about 5 gloves of garlic....I don't think I have ever used olive oil in the garlic butter recipes I have made but this is tops! Thank you for posting. Will be using this again. Served with recipe#452986#452986.
What a wonderful garlic bread this recipe makes Zurie. We loved it, a big bold buttery, salty garlic flavor, that was out of this world. Quick and super easy to make with terrific results. I made a half a recipe, next time I will make a whole recipe and freeze the rest. It was simply delicious served with recipe #463094 #463094. My dh said to give you 5*'s for the best garlic bread he has eaten in a long time. Thank you so much for sharing this treat.