Garlic Broccoli Spears
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Set florets into a saucepan with a very small amount of water, cover with lid, and let steam until tender,about 5-10 minutes or so- it should still be bright green, but fork tender (if you like it softer, cook it longer, but it will turn olive green).
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Drain broccoli and place in serving dish.
- Pour lemon mixture over broccoli and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Awesome! I really love broccoli and am usually extremely content to steam my broccoli with a little lemon juice and garlic salt. But this, was extra special, relatively healthy, and made a nice side dish for a special occasion holiday dinner with the hubby. (I made it with the Honey Mustard Basil Salmon http://www.food.com/recipe/honey-mustard-basil-salmon-95294) and was able to use the extra leftover lemon juice I squeezed this morning.<br/><br/>I always appreciate a recipe I can make from what I already have stocked in my pantry. I used a 1 lb. bag of frozen broccoli and the 5-10 minute steaming time was perfect to get the right shade of green.<br/><br/>It's a wonderful thing when the side dish outshines the entree, and I have to say this did. A wow with every bite.