Garlic Baked Brie Spider
A creepy, crawly, cheesy arachnid appetizer. This spider is sure to weave webs of deliciousness with brie, garlic, herbs, prosciutto and crispy puff pastry.
- Ready In:
- 1 brie cheese wheel
- 2 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 3 -4 prosciutto, slices
- 2 black olives
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon basil (chopped)
- 1 pinch salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- Slice a grid on top of a brie wheel; approximately 4 slits horizontally and vertically.
- Insert thinly sliced garlic in the slots.
- To make the spider legs: roll out a sheet of puff pastry dough; then a layer of prosciutto on top; cut 1-2" strips.
- To make the spider's head: take a puff pastry dough and make it into a small ball (the size of a large meatball); slice black olives and insert them into the ball to make the eyes and fangs.
- Position the head and brie wheel on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Twist each strip of pastry dough/prosciutto and place them around the spider's body to form the legs.
- In a bowl, mix olive oil, rosemary, thyme, basil, salt and black pepper; spoon the mixture over the brie cheese wheel.
- Brush egg wash over the head and legs.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation