Garlic and Zucchini Soup
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 25 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 large zucchini, chopped or 35 ounces zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
- In a heavy pot, warm the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add garlic and cook 5 minutes longer - don’t brown the garlic, just cook to soften.
- Add the zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to tenderize.
- Pour in the wine and stir to incorporate, then add the broth and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes.
- Puree smooth using either an immersion blender or in batches with a regular blender to puree.
- Stir in ginger, pepper and salt.
- This soup is better after a night in the refrigerator!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"