Garlic and Herb Cream Cheese (France)
photo by alligirl
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 lb butter, room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients, until evenly combined.
- Cover & chill in the refrigerator up to 8 hours. [Can be frozen, if desired.] Great as an appetizer spread or as a filler for sandwiches!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow did I make a huge mistake, I let DH watch me put this together. I do have to admit that I cut it way down because I only had a small amount of cream cheese to use up. Thought this would be perfect...but no!!!...I didn't make enough. Anyway while my back was turned DH decided he needed a snack...well...guess what his snack was? I caught him in the act and...I guess I said a few choice words...%@#$ are you doing? That has to sit for 8 hours!!! Final result was he said "I rate this a 10 star"...and looked so cute that I couldn't continue to be upset...although I did snatch it from him and tried to recover enough to photograph it. Excellent! It's a keeper. Thanks for posting. :)
oh wow, this was heavenly!! could've just eaten it up with a spoon! it almost reminded me of rondele spread that i buy at the grocery store (it's almost $7 a tub now!). you can really use this for lots of other things, i have a feeling i will be using this recipe lots!! thanks for posting! made for zaar stars tag.
Sure did enjoy this cheesy spread! I did reduce by half, tho now I'm sorry for that! I used this to make recipe#436243, which was just lovely! I also served as a spread, with different dippers (including crostini, Ritz crackers, cheese straws, and rice crisps) and it was really good also. Thanks so much for sharing, Sydney Mike!
see 9 more reviews