Garden Salad - Mediterranean Style
- Ready In:
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cucumbers, diced (preferably European long cucumber)
- 1 red onion, quartered and sliced thin
- 2 tomatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (any color, your preference)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup black olives (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together the romaine, vegetables, herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, wine vinegar, lemon juice and tarragon and whisk briskly to incorporate the ingredients.
- Add to the salad and toss lightly to coat.
- If desired, top with feta cheese and black olives and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 12 more