- Ready In:
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- cayenne pepper
- Toss everything together in a salad bowl and serve.
- Another variation is to add a 1 lb box of cooked and cooled pasta to the salad. Prepare the same way, and toss all together.
Join The Conversation
I was just looking through Recipezaar and noticed your recipe. My dh loves garbanzo beans so as I was expecting company that night I made that as one of the side dishes. Wow it went over exceptionally well and my dh has asked that that be put on his A++list. Thanks for submitting..oh...I made it exactly as stated (just doubled the recipe)....very refresing!
Wonderful salad Canary Girl! I made this salad today to go with Miss Annie's chimichagas. Just the right combo of flavors, I did add in more olive oil and garlic and also added some fresh ground black pepper as well as the cayenne, it is now in my fridge marinating for dinner tonight. I am certain this will be a huge hit tonight for dinner. Thanks so much for sharing Canary Girl, I look forward to making this again...Kittencal:)